Login Register

Three treated for smoke inhalation after electric blanket sparks Taunton house fire

By This is Somerset  |  Posted: December 05, 2012

Fireman

Emergency services were alerted to the fire at 1.30am this morning

Comments (0)

An electric blanket is believed to have sparked a fire at a home in Taunton in the early hours of this morning.

Fire crews advised the residents of the property in Buckland Road to evacuate the building immediately after receiving a call reporting smoke at 1.30am.

On arrival, firefighters from the town discovered a fire in the first-floor bedroom and put out the blaze.

Three people were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation while crews ventilated the property.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service suspect the blaze was started accidentally by an electric blanket, and said the occupants were alerted to it by their smoke detector.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES