With the carnival season in full swing and fireworks displays galore, it's sure to be another busy weekend for things to do in Somerset.
It's the turn of Weston-super-Mare and North Petherton to host the spectacular illuminated carnival procession this weekend.
With fireworks spectaculars in Weston and Burnham-on-Sea, as well as live music and sport to choose from, it would be a good idea to start planning your bumper weekend now.
Our weekly list of ten top suggestions is here to help...
1) Weston-super-Mare Carnival... Somerset's carnival spectacular arrives in Weston-super-Mare on Friday night. The procession is due to start at 7.15pm. Visit the Somerset Carnivals website for more information.
2) Pink Floyd tribute... Think Floyd play Frome's Cheese and Grain on Friday night, celebrating the 40th anniversary of Floyd’s movie Live at Pompeii. Tickets cost £14 in advance or £16 on the night, and doors open at 8pm.
3) Yeovil Town v Hartlepool United... Yeovil Town host Hartlepool United at Huish Park on Saturday afternoon (3pm). The Glovers will be keen to build on their recent revival against the League One strugglers.
4) North Petherton Carnival... The carnival comes to North Petherton on Saturday evening, starting from the rugby club at 7pm. Visit the Somerset Carnivals website for more information.
5) Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier Fireworks Display... The spectacular sight of fireworks exploding over the sea returns to Weston-super-Mare Grand Pier on Saturday night. Entry onto the pier, which includes unlimited rides, costs £5, or £7.50 to include a hot dog or burger. Doors open at 6pm, and the display starts at 8pm.
6) The Drifters... The current line-up of The Drifters perform at Yeovil's Octagon Theatre on Saturday evening, performing such hits as Up On The Roof and Under The Boardwalk. The show starts at 7.30pm.
7) Sunday stroll... If you fancy a Sunday stroll with a spectacular Somerset backdrop, why not pay a visit to Barrington Court? The garden is open from 10am to 4pm, and the house from 11am to 3.30pm. Strode House Restuarant is open from 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
8) Burnham-on-Sea Fireworks Display... Another seafront spectacular will be held in Burnham-on-Sea on Sunday evening. The display at the town's jetty is due to start at 7.30pm, and crowds can line the Esplanade to watch the fireworks.
PUB OF THE WEEK
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK