Login Register

Two in hospital after ammonia gas leaks from fridge at Minehead home

By This is Somerset  |  Posted: October 02, 2012

Ambulance2

Ambulance staff treated two casualties at the scene before transferring them to Musgrove Park Hospital

Comments (0)

Two people were taken to hospital this morning after being exposed to ammonia from a leaking fridge at a Minehead home.

Firefighters from the town were joined by a crew from Williton at the property in Parkhouse Road shortly before 9am today.

Crews confirmed a leak of the refrigeration gas, and removed the fridge while using breathing apparatus and a gas detection monitor.

The building was ventilated, and two casualties were treated for immonia inhalation by ambulance staff at the scene before being taken to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES