THE CHEDDAR Valley dominates the Christmas calendar, surprisingly trumping Wells.
The next week is a busy one for organisers who are putting on long-running annual events that historically sell out or draw thousands.
1. Cheddar Festive Night Friday, December 6, from 6pm.
2. Handel's Messiah by Wells Cathedral Oratorio Society Saturday, December 7, 7pm.
3. Wells Reindeer Parade Sunday, December 8,11am.
4. Wedmore by Lamplight Wednesday, December 11, 6pm.
5. Glastonbury Male Voice Choir Christmas concert St John's Church, Glastonbury, 8pm.
6. Mid Somerset News & Media's A Christmas Carol Wells Cathedral, Thursday, December 12, 7pm.
7. Royal Ballet's The Nutcracker screening, Thursday, December 12, Strode Theatre, Street, 7.15pm.
8. London Assurance by Wedmore Theatre Group Thursday, December 12 to 14, 7.30pm.
9. Cheddar Male Choir Christmas concert at Draycott Memorial Hall Friday, December 13, 7pm.