Login Register

More Yeovil Town players could be leaving – Johnson

By Western Daily Press  |  Posted: May 20, 2014

Comments (0)

Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson has warned that further players could be shown the Huish Park exit during pre-season training.

The Glovers last week revealed that captain Jamie McAllister was the highest profile victim of their relegation to League One, with the club opting not to offer him a new contract. Ruben Palazuelos has returned to Spain, while Joey Jones has been released.

Deals have been offered to Byron Webster, Marek Stech, Luke Ayling, James Hayter and Seth Nana Twumasi, but the boss is pessimistic on his chances of keeping the first three.

Johnson said at the end of last month that some of those players still under contract at Huish Park would be given the option to find pastures new.

He said: "There will be some out of contract that we still want to be here and some in contract we don't want to be here. Those players will have to find a club over the summer, otherwise they will find themselves here on contract and not playing."

Johnson is yet to reveal just who falls into the aforementioned category and said it would be unlikely his plans would be made certain before his squad return to prepare for the new season in July.

Asked if he was any closer to revealing if any of his squad would be transfer listed, Johnson said: "Not really, because nobody will take anybody now anyway.

"It will be a matter of waiting until early pre-season when other teams will assess what they've got, I'll assess what I've got and at that point we will know if business needs to be done or not."

Talks continue with keeper Chris Dunn about a potential new deal, while Nathan Ralph will be invited to return to pre-season to prove his fitness.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES