Login Register

Woman hurt by smoke from Priest Row microwave fire in Wells

By IanMat  |  Posted: December 14, 2013

A woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a microwave fire at Priest Row in Wells. NB this image is from an unrelated microwave fire at the same street in December 2012

A woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a microwave fire at Priest Row in Wells. NB this image is from an unrelated microwave fire at the same street in December 2012

Comments (0)

AN ELDERLY woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after her microwave caught fire at Priest Row in Wells this afternoon.

Food caught aflame in the electrical appliance at 3.25pm, with fire alarms sending a signal to a call collection agency, and in turn, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

A Wells fire engine and crew were sent but the fire was already out upon arrival. But the smoking microwave was taken out of the two-storey home and the property ventilated.

The woman was treated by attending ambulance crew for smoke inhalation.

Bizarrely, there was a microwave fire on Priest Row exactly a year ago to the week, in the kitchen above Alcove Antiques. On that occasion no one was hurt.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR