Login Register

Toxic chemical alert after mercury spill in Wells

By adampostans  |  Posted: January 05, 2013

Comments (0)

Fire crews donned full chemical protection suits after a resident's barometer fell off the wall and spilt toxic mercury at a home in Wells.

They consulted scientific experts who advised them to take the precautions before removing the liquid metal and contaminated articles from the property in Carlton Mews.

It happened around midday today and nobody was hurt.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • siarad2  |  January 06 2013, 1:06PM

    OMG how stupid can we get forcibly changing all our filament light bulbs for mercury containing ones. Mercury barometers are so rare but now every household has about 10 mercury lamps. I'm in my mid 70s but used to play with mercury, yes it's toxic but 'full chemical protection suits' get real!

    Rate   2
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES