Login Register

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy plucked victim as he walked dog in Hereford

By Western Daily Press  |  Posted: January 17, 2014

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy plucked victim as he walked dog in Hereford

Robin Bereza told Cambridge Crown Court that he was struck twice by serial killer Joanna Dennehy as he walked his dog in Hereford

Comments (0)

The survivor of a frenzied stabbing in Hereford at the hands of serial killer Joanna Dennehy has told a court how he was attacked by the 31-year-old as he walked his dog in the cathedral city.

Cambridge Crown Court was today shown graphic photographs of his injuries, as a shaken Mr Bereza told how he was struck twice by Dennehy before he realised what was happening.

“I saw the lady with that thing in her hands, I didn’t know what it was,” he added. “I got worried then, frightened. I said: ’what are you doing?’ She said ’I’m hurting you, I’m going to f****** kill you’.”

The court earlier heard that after murdering three men in Cambridgeshire, Dennehy and her alleged accomplice Gary Stretch drove 140 miles to Hereford searching for victims after she told him: “I want to have my fun.”

After attacking Mr Bereza she went on to attack another man, John Rogers, at random.

Describing the attack in Westfaling Street, near the junction with Holmer Street, on April 2 last year, Mr Bereza said: “A car stopped. I didn’t think any more of it.

“I just carried on walking with the dog.

“I felt a blow to my right shoulder. I turned around and saw this lady, she just stared straight through me.”

The retired fire service worker described how he tried to fight Dennehy off, but to no avail.

“I kicked her and made contact, it had no impact on her, she just came straight towards me,” Mr Bereza said.

“I ran into the road. I put my hand to my jacket and saw all this blood.

“She tried to come for me again, I kicked her again; she still didn’t react.”

The attack ended when a “big gentlemen” in a car gestured for her to leave before speeding off, he added.

Mr Bereza was treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital by air ambulance.

The bodies of Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, John Chapman, 56, and Mr Lee, 48, were found dumped in ditches in March and April last year.

Police believe Slaboszewski was killed around March 19 while the final two victims were killed on March 29.

Dennehy, of Orton Goldhay, Peterborough, pleaded guilty to three murders at the Old Bailey in November and is in custody awaiting sentencing.

She also admitted preventing the lawful and decent burial of all three victims and two charges of attempted murder.

Stretch, real name Gary Richards, 47, of Riseholme, Orton Goldhay, Peterborough, has denied three charges of preventing the lawful burial of all three men and two counts of attempted murder.

Layton, 36, of Bifield, Orton Goldhay, has denied perverting the course of justice and two counts of preventing the lawful burial of the bodies of Mr Chapman and Mr Lee.

A third man, Robert Moore, 55, of Belvoir Way, Peterborough, has admitted assisting an offender and is also awaiting sentence.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES