Login Register

Samson Wildwood fined after drugs raid

By Centralsomgaz  |  Posted: December 08, 2013

Samson Wildwood fined after drugs raid

Samson Wildwood fined after drugs raid

Comments (0)

HAVING escaped Glastonbury which had done nothing other than lead him into trouble, a teenager came back for just one weekend and ended up being arrested by the police.

Former Yeovil Town youth footballer Samson Wildwood was at an address in the town with some friends when the police carried out a drugs raid on the property and discovered class A and B drugs in his possession.

He was arrested and appeared in the dock before Somerset Magistrates where he admitted the allegations against him.

His solicitor John Killah said that the defendant had gone from a talented football player with a great career in front of him to getting mixed up with the drugs scene.

However he had since made efforts to turn his life round and was now playing for a new team and looking to getting his life back on track.

Wildwood, aged 18, of Main Street, Naburn, York, pleaded guilty to being in possession of 0.5g of cocaine and 0.7g of cannabis on July 24.

Emma Chetland, prosecuting, said that on the day in question the police executed a drugs search arrant at an address in Bere Lane, Glastonbury.

"Wildwood was present with two others and in a pair of shorts belonging to the defendant they found a small tin containing green vegetable matter," she said.

"Then he was searched and in his wallet they found a wrap containing white powder and he was arrested."

The substances were analysed and found to be quantities of cocaine and cannabis which had an estimated street value of around £20.

During interview with the police the defendant admitted the drugs were his and said they were for his own personal use.

Mr Killah said that Wildwood was only 17 when the offence was committed and had recently completed a youth rehabilitation order imposed by the courts.

He said: "Since this incident he has not had any dealings with drugs as he left the town in May to go and live with his uncle in York to get away from bad influences.

"Glastonbury for him equals drugs and bad news and he does not go there any more. However on this weekend he did visit and the drugs were for his own use."

He added that Wildwood had formerly played in Yeovil Town's youth football team several years ago but had then given up playing.

"However he is now back playing football in Yorkshire and a little of his old major has come back," he added.

The magistrates sentenced the defendant to a two year conditional discharge and ordered him to pay £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge. An order was also made for the drugs to be destroyed.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters