Login Register

Recluse killed by deadly gas

By Western Daily Press  |  Posted: December 21, 2013

Comments (0)

A "recluse" accidentally died of carbon monoxide poisoning after using an oven he had installed in his lounge to warm himself up.

Unemployed Michael Walden was found on the floor of his home in Easton, Bristol, by police after concerned neighbours told them they had not seen him for days, an inquest into his death heard.

The 61-year-old was wearing a jumper and underneath it had padding pressing against his body – possibly also to help keep himself warm.

At Flax Bourton Coroner's Court, Avon Coroner Maria Voisin recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Mr Walden, a single alcoholic described in court as a "recluse", was found in his lounge on the afternoon of April 23 this year.

Avon Fire and Rescue investigator Anton Awramenko told the inquest the ground-floor flat on Fox Road was "sparsely furnished".

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR