Login Register

Man rescued from late night Taunton flat fire

By This is Somerset  |  Posted: September 09, 2012

Fireman
Comments (0)

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after being rescued from a flat fire in Taunton in the early hours of this morning.

Two fire crews from the town were called out to the blaze in a first floor flat on Selworthy Road shortly after 3.30am.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the flat was smoke-logged, and that crews led the man to safety before calling for an ambulance.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, which was believed to have been caused by food left unattended on a cooker.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES