More people have come forward with allegations of sexual abuse against retired Bishop Peter Ball since his arrest on Tuesday.
The Rt Rev Peter Ball, 80, of Aller, near Langport, was arrested on Tuesday morning in connection with allegations concerning eight boys and young men.
He was later released on grounds of ill-health before being interviewed but police say it is their intention to attempt to interview him at a later date.
Since then a further seven people have come forward alleging he committed sexual offences against them.
A 67-year-old man was arrested in West Sussex, on suspicion of two separate sexual offences on the same morning.
Since the arrests Sussex Police say they have received "a substantial amount of new information" from members of the public.
A spokesman said: "Over the two days since the two arrests took place, a further 10 people have come forward alleging that sexual offences were committed against them, seven by the 80-year-old and three by the 67-year-old, mainly in Sussex, during a period ranging from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. The men were all also in their late teens or early twenties at the time, with the exception of one who was 12.
"A number of other people have also come forward over the past 48 hours, offering other potentially useful information although not alleging offences against them."
Detective Chief Inspector Carwyn Hughes of Sussex Police, who is leading the investigation, said: "We are very interested to see that so many people have contacted us since Tuesday, and every report is being followed up.
"Anyone else who wishes to contact us is encouraged to do so by calling Sussex Police via 101 and quoting Operation Dunhill.
"Calls are treated with great sensitivity. The force will always take seriously any allegations of historic sexual offending, and every possible step is taken to investigate whenever appropriate.
"Allegations of historic offences are treated just as seriously as any more recent offences."