Login Register

Elderly woman and budgie rescued from Taunton house fire

By This is Somerset  |  Posted: December 29, 2012

Comments (0)

An elderly woman and her pet budgie were rescued after fire ripped through their home in Taunton this morning.

The woman was trapped on the first floor of her smoke-filled property in Galmington Drive when the alarm was raised shortly after 4am.

Two fire crews from Taunton rescued the woman and her bird before extinguishing the fire, which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The woman was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters