Login Register

Chard house evacuated after car crash causes gas leak

By This is Somerset  |  Posted: December 29, 2012

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service

Comments (0)

A Chard family were evacuated from their home after a vehicle collided with the building and ended up on its roof.

The crash, which happened shortly before 1pm yesterday afternoon, caused structural damage and a gas leak at the property in Helliers Road.

A fire crew from Chard were called to the scene, and evacuated the residents as a precaution while they ventilated the property and made it safe.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman confirmed the driver of the vehicle was not trapped, but the extent of any injuries has yet to be confirmed.

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters