Login Register

Car's electrical fault sparks fire that spreads to house

By Cheddar Valley Gazette  |  Posted: November 09, 2012

Car fire

The damage caused by the car fire on Round Oak Grove

Comments (0)

Four vehicles from Blagdon, Cheddar, and Winscombe fire stations were in Cheddar at 6.45am on Sunday when a fire spread from a car to the front of a house on Round Oak Grove.

A garden shed was also on fire.

An electrical fault started the fire in the vehicle, setting off the car alarm and waking the owner. This allowed enough time to evacuate the house and move a second vehicle before the firemen arrived.

The fuel tank ruptured, spreading the flames to the shed and front of the property. It took three hoses to put it all out.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR