Login Register

Bonfire spreads to Yeovil home

By WG_Yeovil  |  Posted: September 28, 2012

Fireman
Comments (0)

A BONFIRE spread to the ground floor of a house in Yeovil yesterday.

Firefighters found smoke and flames coming over the fence of the property on Ashmead, off Labernum Way, when they arrived at around 5pm.

Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and one thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire. They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to remove smoke.

Two appliances from Yeovil Fire Station attended the scene with a fire officer.

A spokeswoman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "Upon further inspection, crews found that a refuse fire had spread to the ground floor of a three bedroom semi-detached property."

Read more from Western Daily Press

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES