Login Register

Blaze seriously damages Chard house

By adampostans  |  Posted: February 24, 2013

Comments (0)

Firefighters tackled a blaze that caused severe damage to a house in Chard.

Five fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were sent to the three-storey, mid-terrace property in Victoria Avenue after smoke started billowing from the front door and chimney at 4.50pm yesterday.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using four jets.

Police, ambulance crews, Western Power officials, and the Red Cross fire and emergency support service were also mobilised.

The fire started on the ground floor and the cause was discovered to be accidental.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR